I’m so excited to be doing this post as it’s the first guest post and I’m so happy to be doing it on Ellie’s fantastic blog! I wanted to write about something I really love and came to the conclusion that it could be none other than the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette so here goes…
I have to admit I bought this product on a bit of a whim. I’d heard the hype and wasn’t really convinced, passing it off as a fad that would soon blow over. However, a few months later I was flying back from a holiday and was surprised to see the palette in the shopping magazine. It was quite a bit cheaper on the plane so I thought I’d give it a go. If you own this product you’ll know that it comes with a mini lip-gloss, but I have to say I’m not a fan, the colour isn’t right for me. But the eye shadows more than make up for it.
I’ll give you a quick outline of all the shades in the palette and how I like to wear them.
From left to right:
· Foxy – a matte beige, perfect as a base for a big eyeliner look.
· Half Baked – a shimmery yellow gold, looks great on its own with coral lipstick.
· Bootycall – a very light pale shimmer, the best brow highlight I know.
· Chopper – a rust coloured shimmer, works well on its own for a toned down natural look.
· Tease – a matte mid-brown, great for adding depth to the crease, also good as a brow powder.
· Snakebite – a deep brown with a slight shimmer, great as a crease shade when paired with ‘suspect’.
· Suspect – a shimmery taupe, great for understated/elegant looks, works well paired with ‘snakebite’.
· Pistol - a metallic grey, great for a night-out.
· Verve – a white silver shimmer, love this in the inner corner of the eye.
· YDK – a bronze shimmer, nothing looks better on a night out with a simple red lip.
· Busted – a dark, almost purple silver shimmer, more of a night out colour, needs a lot of blending.
· Blackout – a matte black, great for the lash line.
Now, after that whistle-stop tour of the palette, I thought I’d share my top 3 shades with you in more detail.
From left to right; half baked, suspect, YDK.
First is Half Baked. I can’t express how much I love this shade, it’s virtually the only shade I wore on my eyes during the summer. It’s stunning, especially on green eyes. All you need for summer nights is a quick sweep of this across the eyelids paired with a vibrant coral lipstick and you’re done – simply amazing!
Next is Suspect. Now I must admit, it doesn’t look anything special in the palette but it looks gorgeous on the eye. I love wearing this to work as its super pretty without being over the top and has quite a sophisticated look to it, especially with some liquid eye liner.
Last but by no means least is YDK. This shade is so hard to describe so I’m hoping you can get some sense of it from the swatch. This is just an amazing shade; I have to use it in any night out look just to add a bit of grown-up sparkle. The last thing I would say about the palette is don’t neglect the brush that comes in the palette – it’s better than you think. The fatter brush is a great substitute for a MAC 217 and it’s always handy to have a brush in the palette!
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please check out my blog Chloe Posts. What are your favourite shades from the palette? I’m sure Ellie would love to know in the comments!